Student Travel Grant
The SMC Society awards a travel grants for students who are in most need and lack financial resources to attend. Successful grant recipients wll receive USD $500 upon registering and presenting his/her paper at SMC2014.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a PhD or Master student.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student Member
Click here to see how to join as SMC student member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Student Grant Application Form (attached as below)
- An official letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Scanned copy of student card
- Scanned copy of IEEE Membership Card
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format and smaller than 500k.
All documents should be zipped and send to Patrick Chan, Student Activities Chair () by July 31, 2014. Please use "SMC 2014 Student Travel Grant Application" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made after August 15.
SMC2014 Student Travel Grant Recipients (September 8, 2014)
Fatahiyah Mohd Anuar
Vikram Shenoy Handiru
Rubens de Souza Matos Júnior
Chun Sing Lai