A number of students will be selected to volunteer at the SMC conference. The selected student volunteers will receive a refund for their reduced rate registration fees (early bird IEEE SMC student rate) afterwards. Students are required to volunteer for one full day of service at SMC2014.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a PhD or Master student.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student Member
- Applicant must register with a reduced rate (early bird IEEE SMC student rate)
Click here to see how to join as SMC student member.
Student volunteers will report to the Local Arrangements Chair. They are responsible for assisting with on-site registration, setting up and refreshing signs, providing assistance in the conference office and the exhibit hall, and collecting tickets.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Volunteer Registration Form (use link below to download the form)
- Scanned copy of student card
- Scanned copy of IEEE Membership Card
Note: Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format and smaller than 500k.
All documents should be zipped and send to Patrick Chan, Student Activities Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 31st 2014. Please use "SMC 2014 Student Volunteer Registration" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made in August.